Though I used a picture reference for this, I had fun redesigning the placement of the main house windows (and doors), and supplying the bottom fourth that was missing in the picture. I then printed the scanned pencil sketch onto watercolor paper, and painted it with watercolor pencils. The yard I did with graphite pencil just to ground the building. The color of the house scanned in a little stronger than I originally painted. I had a lot of fun with this one, because I love architecture. If this looks a little familiar to you, I have previously posted a pen & ink version of this before. (If you would like to see it also, click here.) This current version was not done overnight. I worked on it on and off for a few months. Some things I can do in one sitting, but some things get done a little at a time for a variety of reasons (I get bored, the piece is complicated, it gets lost and forgotten, lack of time, or any combination).