Monday, October 26, 2009

Journal Your Worries Away




This project came about from a prompt from a journaling group I belong to. You write your worries down on the paper then paint over it and put happy things on top. I did this to learn. I did not think I had any big worries, but found out I did as I wrote them down. This was a journey of learning in many areas. I learned I needed to remember where my peace originates. I also need to remember that each day is a day that I can start over new. Transformation and renewal became the theme, thus the butterflies. It also has another meaning as I get a new life at painting. The painting is from a time I tried to paint but had no way to share or learn. Now I get a second chance to paint and can learn from and share with all of you. The butterfly picture is watercolor. The background on both pages is acrylic. This was done in my composition journal. The writing is a black Sharpie.

7 comments:

  1. Great project no doubt! I am fascinated by the theme, by how people are able to channel away the negative and focusing more on the positive in whatever that's in our lives at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely watercolor flowers and butterflies. This sounds like a project to be done regularly - something I need to remind myself of - get all the brain turmoil out and replace it with heart wisdom. Excellent choice of Bible verses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pages. I like how you covered up your worries with more postive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad my prompt was helpful to you! I think it's a very theraputic way to journal and I do it often.
    Love the colors and the butterfly image :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ramona! I'm learning too. Love the texture of your acrylic! Lots of movement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your drawings & paintings are wonderful. How cool to be able to put the past & present art together. Glad you saved your work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful pages Ramona. What you have going here is very ritual-like thus its effectiveness. I think that you could do this every day, most certainly in a time of "need". I love the layering process, the collage process. Great images and it is limitless what you can bring together in an image.

    ReplyDelete